Creating the view you are looking for in Tableau is pretty easy.
I've attached a twbx file with the view you are looking for.
Here are the steps to take:
1. Drag County dimension to Rows Shelf
2. Change data type of Date dimension to date (from date/time)
3. Right click on Date field, set default properties, date format, choose the format you want 07/04/2013
4. drag date field to rows shelf, click on date field, choose, 'Day',
5. Click on date field and change to 'discrete', (instead of continous)
6. Drag Text field to rows shelf
Hope this helps!
DatabaseView.twbx.zip 10.1 KB
1 of 1 people found this helpful
On step 4, choose 'Exact Date' instead of 'Day', this will set the desired column header to 'Date' instead of 'Day of Date'