I'm not sure whether Tableau is the best tool to be doing this in, but if it is, I was wondering if you may be able to help?
I'm looking to do some what-if analyses with the data I have on a selection of websites, this includes:
- What if we sold all inventory?
- What if we increased sales price by a %?
- What if we shifted the ratio of Resold and Sold goods?
I was wondering what the best way to do these three things would be?
I've attached a sample Workbook (site names changed to protect data) that I have set up 3x worksheets, two of which I have a problem with:
- Available inventory.
- Increased sales price by %
- Sold vs. Resold Revenue
My three questions:
- In the 1st sheet - How do I relate and compare this to the "impressions"? - At present, I get the average inventory but I get a sum of the overall impressions divided by the categories, not per category, there should be a data join that connects them, (There are a few table joins that I've had to create and I'm not quite sure what I'm doing here, so any help would be massively appreciated)
- In the 2nd sheet - Why does the "Guardian" not show any numbers when there's clearly data in the database?
- In the 3rd sheet - How would I be able to add a slider to test changing balances of the ratio of sold vs. resold? (Also, Guardian isn't showing up here either...)
I've attached the tableau workbook, extract and main data source,
Any help would be massively appreciated!