2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2013 7:06 PM by Shawn Wallwork

Joe on G+

Shawn Wallwork

Earlier today Joe Mako shared this excellent image on G+

This is it.jpg

I was with it completely until I got to the "Designed by Apple in California". Guess I'm going to have to work out my anti-Apple-bias. Thanks, Joe.

--Shawn

• 1. Re: Joe on G+
          Joe Mako

Generally I would think this is the kind of stuff to leave on social networks, but I like it a lot, and sometimes I think this kind of applies to Tableau as well, because Tableau has had such a positive impact on my life.

Have you seen the video with it:

Apple - TV Ad - Our Signature - YouTube

and here is another great one on the impact App developers make on the world:

Apple - Making a difference. One app at a time. - YouTube

This kind of stuff makes me want to make something

• 2. Re: Joe on G+
            Shawn Wallwork

This kind of stuff makes me want to make something

Me too Joe!

And I know you wish Tableau Forums had adopted a more "Stack Exchange" attitude toward forum posts. But we are here now. And you post really great stuff (elsewhere) that should at least be mentioned here.

Maybe the 'new' blog feature might be a place to insert these kinds of posts. I don't know, I haven't tried it out. I suspect I should -- considering I post a whole lot of editorial commentary in completely inappropriate places on these forums! Maybe I'll start the "Son of Tableau Digest" and make it more about the great stuff Tableau Folks post in other communication streams.

Anyway, thanks for your posts Joe, no matter where they appear, they are always insightful.

--Shawn