5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2013 8:51 AM by Joshua Milligan

Count above and below a variable value

Chris Moseley

I am having a challenge with what seems like should be a relatively simple task.  I have a number of locations in my data set.   I want to create a dashboard that allows an individual to select "My Location" and then explore the world from their perspective.

An example of this approach is to get a count of the number of locations with higher sales than "my location" and the number with lower sales. (I'm actually interested in the % with higher and % with lower but the first step is getting a count).

I have attached an example with fake data to illustrate the problem in it's simplest form.   In it there are twenty locations, each with a sales figure and each tagged, by color, as to whether it has higher or lower sales than "My Location" (which is controlled via parameter).

I can see the number of locations in each category but want to get a count and/or % with higher and lower sales.  Is there a way to do this?  I'm hoping there is a simple Table Calc of which I am unaware?

Thanks,

- Chris