3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2013 7:35 AM by Lauren MacMillan

Is there a way to show difference from previous month, while only showing one month in the view?

Lauren MacMillan

Hi,

I think what I am trying to do is pretty simple, but I haven't been able to figure it out. I have two different tables I am trying to create- "Change from Previous Year" and "Change from Previous Month," where the measure in question is unemployment rate. I would like to allow users to select month and year, and have the calculations in these tables update appropriately. I seem to be able to get the "Change from Previous Year" to work, even though I'm using a table calculation and am filtering out all columns except the month/year selected. This doesn't seem to work for the "Change from Previous Month," though, which seems odd. Even though I've selected "Month of Date" in the Table Calculation field, it is returning the change from previous year.

I think the solution is probably writing a custom calculated field to take the unemployment rate at the Month/Year selected and then subtract the unemployment rate from Month-1/ Year selected, but not quite sure how to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Lauren

Capture.PNG.png