4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2013 7:45 PM by di wu

filter on custom value list

di wu

Hi guys

I am using custom value list filter in my report.I got a question here.when query some values on a custom value list.It will show all values in the database.Is there any way can let me filter that list,So it just present relevant values?

I have search that question in the knowledge base.But I didn't find a  answer.

I think it's more convenience to let user only see relevant values.

• 1. Re: filter on custom value list
          Tracy Rodgers

Hi Di,

There is an option to show Only Relevant Values. Click in the drop down menu on the quick filter (in the upper right corner) and select Only Relevant Values.

Hope this helps!

-Tracy

• 2. Re: filter on custom value list
            di wu

Hi tracy

I think that function is not made for custom value list filter.For other filters,that function is very convenience indeed.

• 3. Re: filter on custom value list
              Shawn Wallwork

This isn't exactly what you're looking for, but it is a helpful feature of Custom Value Lists. If you type in part of the name and then hit enter you will get a relevant values list. For instance:

3M.png

Now all you need to do is train your users to type part of the name and press enter. Personally I think it would be better if the list appeared and was trimmed as each character was typed. That way the user could more easily find/learn what's on the list.

--Shawn

• 4. Re: filter on custom value list
                di wu

Thanks for your advice Shawn.

In my situation.some dimension information is added into the list as suffix of list item.The perfect thing I want to make is when you select a dimension and then search in custom value list.Only value with selected dimension suffix show up. That why I am looking for a relevant value list extremely alike the button they make for the other filters.

I found a way to achieve that use parameter to dynamic generate the custom value list.But the performance

is too low for a bigger data set.I seems like every you select a item in the custom value list.The list refreshed even parameter is unchanged.

Di Wu