Hi Laura -
Exact same problem here! An empty circle from the shapes pallet will render in chrome, but filled shapes will fail.
Now, who has a solution?
Hey Folks -
I just tried this and it's working fine for me on Server 8.0.1 with Chrome Version 27.0.1453.94 m. Are you seeing this behavior with ALL filled bubble charts, or only some?
At this point it probably would be best to open a support case vs. trying to troubleshoot in the forums.
That being said, I'm still curious - do either of you have a sample workbook that you could post which demonstrates this? I'd like to try it on my own machine.
So I'm trying to cut down my workbook and package it to post without any sensitive data, but every cut down packaged workbook I put together renders it correctly in Chrome. As soon as I go back to the full live connected workbook it loses shapes again. I've tried different version to have it do this, but it might just be that size, or that specific connection.
I'm going ensure I'm matching everything up to the versions you mentioned and I will keep working to get a workbook packaged to post for you.
To be continued....
No worries - I actually JUST ran into this issue myself - it doesn't appear to have anything to do with whether the circle is filled or not - just that the shape is a circle.
What version of Chrome are you on, please?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
...and it our guys already know about the problem. There's a bug in version 27 of Chrome that causes this:
We're tracking things from our side too, but it appears this'll need to be a fix the Chome people make.
Thanks for that answer! I appreciate it!
I just upgraded to Version 27.0.1453.110 m. It's not fixed yet, but I will keep an eye on it.
I too am having this issue running version 27.0.1453.110 m of Chrome. Not optimal, but you can download IE tab extension to remedy the issue.
It looks like I am having a similar problem...
In Chrome (v. 29.0.1547.57 m)
I get a blank viz. It doesn't seem to matter the mark type either. It has happened on line graph, crosstab, and bar charts.
If you mouse over where the data points should be this is what happens...
But in all other browsers it looks normal...
Other details that might be helpful, I am using Tableau Server 8.0.2, with trusted auth. This problem randomly started appearing after a full year of it working just fine so I am assuming it is a chrome issue and hopefully they can fix it soon!
Thanks for your wicked internet skillz Russell!