8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2013 9:30 AM by Matt Lutton Branched to a new discussion.

Need help: # Students with Multiple Absences

Matt Lutton

I'm working with school attendance data, and want to display graphs showing things like

1) # Students with Multiple Absences

2) # Students with Multiple Tardies

I am wanting to create a viz that shows the vertical axis as # of students that have a specific number of absences/tardies and the horizontal axis showing absence/tardy counts or groups.  For these, I could show levels like 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5+ absences, or in groups like 1-3, 4-5, 6-9, or 10+. 

I do not know how to create this viz.  I can create a list of students who have a certain amount of absences or tardies, but don't know where to start on creating these charts.  I am working with SQL views/tables in a data warehouse, and here is a snapshot of my attendance related fields/measures:

AttendanceScreenshot.jpg

I cannot upload a packaged workbook without editing out some information in the workbook.

Any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated.  The data that I am working with is confusing to me, as I have only worked with very clean and easy to work with data from Excel files in the past.  Its going to take some time for me to get used to this...