1 Reply Latest reply on May 27, 2013 8:17 AM by Dana Withers

Displaying additional dimension by color within bar chart

Kobe Royo

Sample surveyed to test correlation of Exercise Yesterday with Reported Mood today. Entries for Exercise are binary (1:exercised, 0:no exercise). Entries for Reported Mood: Excellent, Good, Fair, Poor.

Curious how to differentiate bar charts by percentages/breakout of Mood by Color, while bar height/total still remains total Exercise/Did not Exercise that day.

"Image 1.png" represents Exercise by Day displaying Count of Exercise. Totals are by each day and up to 100%. Would like to maintain the same format, only adding "Mood" dimension by Color within each bar.

Does a calculated field need to be used to achieve this?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Displaying additional dimension by color within bar chart
          Dana Withers

Hi Kobe,

There was no dataset, so my dataset is a bit rubbish, and I'm not entirely sure what you mean with your question if a calculated field needs to be added.

I did however get a workbook that may help you further.

I've created the graph you showed in your screenshot and then added mood/colour. I've left percentages on the bars, which means it will calculate by all the different moods. I think  you wanted to keep percentages on the top though. Adding a reference line will do that.

Hope this helps, give a shout if anything is unclear.

Dana