I'm having the same issue. Did you ever resolve this?
I had the same issue, the hidden files that I used for calculated fileds in the sheet appear again when I publish on Tableau Server.
I did it in 2 ways:
1- Dirty - I make a "Start" sheet with only one measure comming from a non-calculated field. Then I publish, hidden fields remain hidden, and I edit the version on server.
2- I prepare all calculated fields, hide the fields I don't want to appear, the I publish the Data Connection. After that, I create a workbook using the published connection.
This solution seems better for me because:
- when I use an extract, it is only copied once on the server (in the connection) instead of in each workbook.
- anybody can then use this connection, as I want it to be, either with a Server account or Tableau Desktop.
Hope to be clear enough.