1 2 3 Previous Next 34 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2014 1:53 PM by allan.walker.0

Have you used Tableau to create and print POSTER-sized maps with lots of detail?

Clodine Mallinckrodt

Have you used Tableau to create and print POSTER-sized maps with lots of detail?

I’m wondering if a job at hand should be considered more a desktop publishing task and better handled in a vector-based program, or if Tableau would suffice. When I’ve printed Tableau maps at a very large size, they come out a little fuzzy (pixelated). And, I find no way to substantially thicken county lines.

Each map would be at least 3-4 feet wide. There’d be several maps to provide different views of a hospital service area (e.g. PSVMC).  For example, just one map would need to show all of the following:

-          A number of facilities, flagged by type (hospitals, clinics, Federally funded healthcare resources, etc.)

-          Public Transportation lines and hubs (e.g. major highways, plus max lines and stations)

-          Color coding of zip codes by a count (e.g. gender, age range, a Community Needs Index score, etc.)

I’m familiar with mapping all these items on their own (and would try out the Tableau ‘directionals’ to show highways and Max lines). However, I’m concerned about the print size making the map fuzzy and the amount of items and detail needed.

Anyone here have experience doing something like this with Tableau? If so, any tips or tricks to share?

Any advice in this matter would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 2 3 Previous Next