Hey Ryan -
Our processes cache data to improve performance and a different process renders your reports when you run tabcmd vs. when rendering via the browser - so it looks like the cache inside the app server process (which is utilized by tabcmd) is a bit older than the cache associated with the process used to render a report in the browser.
Try adding the :refresh=yes parameter to the string which you are executing with TabCmd - I suspect doing so will get you whatyou want:
.....\tabcmd.exe" get "/views/InventoryQuantity/Sheet1.csv?:refresh=true" -f .....
That did not work. It still has the original data when it was published.
Odd - that has done if for most others who've had the same issue.
Do you have access to the Server? Let's rule out "left field" issues - Restart the server for me, then try again. By restarting the server, you know you'll have completely cleared cache. Then see what happens. If your data is still "old", you're not dealing with a caching issue.
I scheduled a reboot for tonight. I will have to check it tomorrow.
After the reboot, it does have updated numbers. But each time I run the report it has the same numbers.
Here is the updated command that I am using just to be sure I didn't type something wrong.
"c:\Tabcmd\Command Line Utility\tabcmd.exe" login -s http://Myserver -u username -p password
"c:\Tabcmd\Command Line Utility\tabcmd.exe" get "/views/InventoryQuantity/Sheet1.csv?:refresh=true" -f "\\Myserver\inventory%date:~4,2%-%date:~7,2%-%date:~12,2%-%time:~0,2%_%time:~3,2%_%time:~6,2%.csv"
"c:\Tabcmd\Command Line Utility\tabcmd.exe" logout
Now I'm embarrassed - I think I gave you the correct parameter but the wrong parameter value.
...I looked through some old samples I have and the parameter value was actually :refresh=yes
However, I also just took a look at books online v8, and it uses it this way: :refresh
So, try your string again with :refresh=true first. If that doesn't work, attempt :refresh instead.
I found that also. I have tried the following
None work. The other article I posted above seems to indicate that this is a bug in Server 8.
Let's keep an eye on that one
I've been deleing with the same issue, not beeing able to use a tabcmd to get or export current data from a view with a mysql live connection.
Please let us know when this bug is solved.
I need both, cache more often and export current data, the refresh=true is supposed to do that.