- Is there any way to set the labels always "OUTSIDE" the pie angles?? i.e. never inside the pie-angle or never half label inside pie and half outside
- Is there any way to make sure the labels never overlap inside or outside the pie?
1. Not that I know of. You can of course drag the labels where you want them and then test all possibilities until you get an acceptable position, but no there isn't any setting to have Tableau do this automatically.
2. Yes. Uncheck the "Allow Labels to overlap" box. But of course then overlapping labels to disappear.
Any Solution with Tableau 10 ?
1. Right click on pie and add ANNOTATION - mark. It will solve your problem somehow.
2. U have to repeat this process for all remaining divisions in the pie. It should work.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
There is a very good way to do it Tableau 10.5 & Above.
1. Select the portion of pie chart for whom you wish to overlap label onto pie graph. This portion of the pie gets highlighted.
2.Then drag mouse holding left click over the label. It gets selected. You may now drag and drop it anywhere you want to.
same problem here...
my issue is slightly different..
I have my labels outside as I need them...
(with the total in the middle...
but once the sheet is filtered to only one value the single value and total are same (as it is only for one filtered value) and they are overlapping in the middle.
any idea how could I either not display value once only one selected, or keep it outside?
I can move it manually outside
but then once filter is taken off it stays there