3 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2013 2:07 PM by Sagar Dhekne

Unable to do Grand total for discrete measures

Sagar Dhekne

In the attached workbook, in the CallsCompleted tab, there is a sheet called Calls Completed which has about 34 individual values, where the grand total is 53 right now. How can I show this total, when I select grand total, it says, grand total is not possible on discrete measures.

• 1. Re: Unable to do Grand total for discrete measures
          Tracy Rodgers

Hi Sagar,

Essentially, a discrete measure is like a dimension and so grand totals cannot be added. However, it looks like the reason that the discrete measure is being used is for formatting purposes. Instead, place Totals Calls Completed on the text shelf. Then, to add a title to this single column, create a string calculation that looks like the following:

"Total Calls Completed"

Place the above calculation on the Columns shelf next to CaseLabel.

Hope this helps!

-Tracy

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Unable to do Grand total for discrete measures
            Sagar Dhekne

Hi Tracy,

I put the Total Calls Completed on the text shelf. I didn't understand the second part, where you say create a string calculation that looks like the Total Calls Completed. Do I need to make a calculated field with just a string like "Total Calls Completed" or do I need to use the formula which I am currently using which is Counting  Distinct of a Date field.

What I had was Total Calls Completed = COUNTD(DateField)

Sum of Total Calls Completed = TOTAL(COUTD(DateField))

Thanks,

Sagar

• 3. Re: Unable to do Grand total for discrete measures
              Sagar Dhekne

Hi Tracy, I had attached my original workbook in my first post, can you make the changes as you mentioned and post that workbook again, I tried to implement your solution but it's coming right.

Thanks,

Sagar