2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2013 8:36 PM by Shawn Wallwork

Why twbx becomes to zip when downloaded?

Jason Back

Hello,

Our company has an intranet (sharepoint platform) where I upload data extracted twbx files on line for others to download and use it with reader.

When I test it on my computer it's fine for me to download and use it with leader.  But when I checked at home with my personal computer, when the file is downloaded it is zip file instead of twbx.  I figured out that if I change the extension to .twbx but why is this happening?

Thanks.

Jason

• 1. Re: Why twbx becomes to zip when downloaded?
          johnjoseph

+1  We have the same issue with IE when downloading from SharePoint 2010.  Seems to be okay in Chrome, FF, Safari.  Once downloaded to desktop, it's recognized as a twbx.

Any resolution?

• 2. Re: Why twbx becomes to zip when downloaded?
            Shawn Wallwork

Jason, twbx files are actually zip files. Tableau just gives them a 'special' extension. You can open/extract a twbx file with any zip utility. Your home computer is recognizing the twbx file as the zip file it is; that extension has been associated with your zip utility (or sharepoint is changing the file extension to 'zip' because it recognizes what the file really is). I don't use sharepoint so I don't have any suggestions on how to smooth out this friction. Just wanted to let you know what's probably going on.

--Shawn