3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2013 1:25 PM by saravana raghavan

Sheet Selector with worksheet titles

Matthew Davis

Tracy -

I have seen in one of the show and tell presentations you did (perhaps the valentines day presentation) that somebody was using the sheet selector method while having the worksheet titles appear and disappear with the rest of the data.  I was helping another tableau user with the sheet selector functionality. http://community.tableau.com/message/207316#207316  and he had the same question.

Is it possible to have the worksheet titles appear and disappear with the rest of the worksheet when using the sheet selector method?

I will attempt to find the video where I saw this functionality and who was presenting at that time but I hope you will be able to assist with this or point us in the right direction

• 1. Re: Sheet Selector with worksheet titles
          Tracy Rodgers

Hi Matthew,

I'm not sure which video it is, I went back and looked through a few, but couldn't find it.

Anyways, the titles of the worksheet will either show or won't. However, I did have a thought--though depending on the names of the worksheets it may not be plausible. Show a text dashboard object on the dashboard and use the Insert button to place the Parameters inside. Then, change the member names of the parameter to reflect the names of the title?

Just an idea! Hope it helps!

-Tracy

• 2. Re: Sheet Selector with worksheet titles
            Jonathan Drummey

Another option is to create a separate worksheet that has a calculated field for the desired title and formatted to look like a title, and use the same filtering to show/hide that worksheet.

• 3. Re: Sheet Selector with worksheet titles
              saravana raghavan

Hi Tracy,

I have two sheets ( out of a total of ten sheets ) that need be displayed when I click the do the "select a sheet" filter and I was hoping to achieve this by moving one of the sheets to the title/caption section of the other sheet that also needs to be displayed. But to accomplish this, I need the worksheet titles to appear and disappear with the rest of the data. Were you, by any chance, able to locate the video that Matthew is talking about in his post?

Thanks,

Saravana