Dear Tableau Experts;
I am currently building a Tableau Practice within my company and there are a couple of fundamental questions related to the management and maintenance of "data connections with meta data": what we call Data templates.
Typically, our setup;
- we have an Oracle Datawarehouse with our live data streams. We have a Tableau Server Dev/Stage/Production.
- we are creating static table/datamarts with a sub-sets of our datawarehouse to run specific analysis
- for each of those datamarts, we have created a "Tableau Templates" organizing and documenting the different dimensions and measures; underlying hypotheses and methodologies to the attention of the analysts that will perform the analyses
- we have published those templates on our Tableau Server - "Stage" environment so analysts can use it for their specific queries
- we use Tableau Desktop 7 and don't have short term plans to migrate to T8
Any hint very welcome!
Any feedback on those questions please?