2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2013 8:20 AM by Cha Vang

Error connecting to Salesforce

. Kohavi

I'm trying to make my first connection from Tableau 8 to Salesforce, and getting an error. I can log into SF directly using same credentials from the same computer, so I know it is not userID/pw.

Internal server error.

LOGIN_MUST_USE_SECURITY_TOKEN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out. Are you at a new location? When accessing Salesforce--either via a desktop client or the API--from outside of your company’s trusted networks, you must add a security token to your password to log in. To receive a new security token, log in to salesforce.com at http://login.salesforce.com and click Setup | My Personal Information | Reset Security Token.

Any thoughts?

• 1. Re: Error connecting to Salesforce
          Dan Huff

Depending on how your Salesforce system is setup, you may have to append your security token to the end of your password in order to create a successful connection via Tableau Desktop. I would suggest that you follow the instructions in the error message to get a security token sent to you. If you still are not able to login once you have appended that to the end of your password (without spaces in between the password and token), then I would suggest that you open a case with our Support team.

Here is some more information around the connector itself: http://onlinehelp.tableausoftware.com/current/pro/online/en-us/help.htm#examples_salesforce.html

Hope this helps,

Dan

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Error connecting to Salesforce
            Cha Vang

Hi.. not sure if you still need this but when logged into Salesforce.com, go into your account setup by selecting your name on the upper rigth corner.  Under Personal Setup, you can reset your security token.  You will need to append this token code to the end of your password.  Hopefully this helps!

1 of 1 people found this helpful