7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2013 12:56 PM by Cristian Vasile

How do I get brighter colors for stepped temperature diverging values?

sean.dawson

Is there a way to show brighter colors when using the custom diverging color values?  i.e. I'd like to use a 3 step temperature diverging set of values with a bright red, yellow and green similar to traffic lights.  But when I select the brightest red and green values, the gradient seems to dull them out when assigning them to the 3 steps. 

I've attached a small sample twbx and screenshots that illustrate the issue.  I know I can assign custom colors for each value, but this is part of a much more complicated visualization where the diverging step values are the way I need to assign color to the shapes.

traffic lights.JPG

You can notice that the selected green/red are much brighter than the colors being used for the steps and the middle yellow is just kind of awful.

step color.JPG

Is there a way to pick the specific color to assign to each step value?  Any suggestions on how to brighten the colors would be great.

I should mention I am using Tableau 7, but if there is a way to do this in Tableau 8, I'd love to hear it.

Regards,

Sean