Wow! Very interesting! (But sorry you ran into this)
The first viz is re-rending continuously. Questions:
- Is the dashboard itself set to "Automatic" sizing or do you have it set to a specific height/width?
- What happens if you CHANGE the size setting? Maybe lower / increase it a touch and re-publish?
- What happens if you resize the Chrome window itself?
- I see you have buttons and other UI in the web page - do they interact with the viz at all? How?
- Please view this sucker inside the Tableau Server portal vs. "your" web page. Does it endlessly-refresh there?
- From inside the Tableau Portal viewer, please take a "Share" link and paste it into a new HTML page. Does the viz page exhibit the same behavior running inside the "new" HTML page?
Thanks for the tips.
The sizing was set to automatic. I started here. As suggested I adjusted the dashboard down in size and re-published and the problem went away. I then went back in and changed it back to automatic and re-published again. This time it worked fine without the flashing. This is not something I had to fiddle with in Firefox; just Chrome. Hopefully, this was a one-time thing and not a process i have to repeat with each publish of a visual.
As for your other question, we use an iFrame.