2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2013 7:15 AM by Pulkit Saxena

Scenario Analysis in Tableau

Pulkit Saxena

Hi,

I am trying to create a simple straight line plot of efficiency vs Operating Expense where" Efficiency Ratio = Operational Expenses/ Total Revenue"

Now in the current data set the efficiency corresponds to one revenue and one operational number

No i want to plot efficiency vs operating expense keeping the Revenue same.. So the line would show how Different efficiency will correspond to different operating expenses if the revenue remain the same.

Can we create such scenarios in Tableau?

Cheers,

Pulkit

• 1. Re: Scenario Analysis in Tableau
          Ey Tan

Hello Pulkit, you could use a calculated field inputting a constant value for revenue or use a parameter setting for that if you wish to change it dynamically. is this what you were asking for, or do you have a sample twbx file so we may understand your requirements better?

• 2. Re: Scenario Analysis in Tableau
            Pulkit Saxena

Hey Ey,

What I am trying to do i a create a series of value of Efficiency ratio say from 20% to 70% for each given company. Then based on the fixed revenue (already in the data set) i will populate the operating expenses using the formula - "Efficiency Ratio = Operational Expenses/ Total Revenue". This will result in a straight line plot of Efficiency Ration vs Operational Expense.

Attached is a sample chart that I want to create.