Could you please attach .twbx file to analyse more.
I have attached the packaged workbook. Please notice that the food example i used above doesn't really exist.
The sheet which shows the Top 5 is 'Q1'. It also has some quick filters on it. The top 5 should change according to the selections made in the filters but doesn't?
Note - the 'counts' of the bars change but the categories themselves do not.
Copy of HS2.twbx.zip 51.6 KB
Right-click [Age] in the Filter Shelf -> Select "Add to Context". This should do it for you.
Maybe try a custom filter, as described about halfway down this page (and summarized below)
1. Clear the current filter for Answer.
2. Sort by answer. Right-click Answer in rows shelf, Sort > Descending, by Number of Records.
3. Add Number of Records to Rows shelf, change to discrete, change to Measure MIN. The value should be "1" for every row now.
4. Add table calculation to Min Number of Records > Running Total (optionally, compute using Answer). The value should now be a row count.
5. Copy (Ctrl-drag) this new table calc to detail self. Right-click, change to continuous so that you can filter by range.
6. Right-click again and select filter, range 1 to 5.
7. Hide Min Number of Records in view by right-clicking on pill and unchecking Show Header.
Copy of HS2_jimw.twbx.zip 67.0 KB
Neat trick. I had used the "Add to context" feature before.
Thanks Brad! Worked like a charm