2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2013 3:05 PM by nickmannon

URL and Filters

When I enter a URL to view a worksheet in Tableau Server, and I try to set the filter, the end result is a filter is created but it is surrounded by parenthesis, which isn't a valid value. Example of the URL entered:

http://sbps199015/views/BMSReports-Test/BMSReportTextData?Region%20and%20District=9%200647

Result in the quick filter is (9 0647) instead of 9 0647. Why are the parenthesis getting added? Note, the field "Region and District" exist on the worksheet as a quick filter (it is a global filter), and "Region and District" are a calculated field.  Below is a snapshot of the screen based on the URL entered:

Capture.PNG

• 1. Re: URL and Filters
          Russell Christopher

Hey Nick --

This looked weird to me, so I tried the same thing -- and get the same result. However, I've noticed something interesting.

If I filter like this:

Country=United%20Blingdom

...Then the quick filter shows (United Blingdom). Of course there is no such place, and what we're showing is wrong.  If I filter on a "good value":

Country=United%20Kingdom

...then it works fine.

So is there indeed a value of "9 0648" in your database field?

I probably would open a support case on this either way as this looks suspect to me - but wanted to give you something else to try first...

• 2. Re: URL and Filters

Thanks Russell, that was it, had a space that was missing and that threw it off.  Thank you very much!