3 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2013 1:13 AM by Egor Larin

Reference line tooltips

Tim Archer

Just come across an interesting one: Can you change the tool-tip of a reference line?

I am aware of reference line labels, but the tool-tip seems to be restrictive. Only way around this I can think of is to create a measure with the tool-tip label that I want to display, but does anyone have any other options?

Thanks,

Tim

• 1. Re: Reference line tooltips
          Dan Murray

Tina;

The answer is...sorta.  If you look at the add reference line menu (right-click on the axis you want to add the reference line to) you will see a label drop down selector.  Click that and select custom. Custom allows you to type in any text you want AND then add any of the other variables available (Value/Computation) with your text via a small arrow at the right side of the custom entry line.

Dan

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Reference line tooltips
            Tim Archer

Thanks Dan - as I said in my post I know about labels, but I specifically wanted to concentrate on the actual tool-tip itself!

In this example I can not show labels as I am using a 'per cell' reference line and the visualisation becomes far too messy. Even turning off the tool-tip would be useful as it is not 'business friendly' at the moment!

TIM

• 3. Re: Reference line tooltips
              Egor Larin

Hi Tim,

Did you find  the solution how to customise reference line tooltip?

Is it possible?

Thx