1 of 1 people found this helpful
Please take a look at the attached workbook and see if it is what you want. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have!
your workbook is not opening can you attach again please?
Ravi & Ey,
I've updated the workbook and it should be working now. Please let me know if you have any issues with it. Thanks!
Hello Joshua, much appreciate your time. Its exactly what I am looking for! thanks a lot
However though, once saved and closed, my twbx workbooks containing these had loading errors.... What did I miss?
I'm not sure about the errors. I'm almost positive it is a bug and I've been able to reproduce it fairly consistently in version 7. However, it does not seem to occur in version 8.
The error seems to occur when I am working with an extract and when I have two (2 X or 2 Y) or a dual axis axes using a single measure and multiple mark types . Then if I add the "Measure Names" field on Rows or Columns and give an alias to each of the measures (usually one is named something like "Measure" and the other is "Measure (2)") -- at that point, Tableau seems to do something to the extract that corrupts the extract or the connection to it. I can continue working in that instance of Tableau, but as you noted, once closed, the workbook will give an error upon re-opening. Interestingly, the workbook can be opened in version 8 and upgraded without error.
That's why you see my screenshot having the columns named nicely, "Meets Expectations" and "Better/Worse". Those are aliases -- but, as Ravi noted, the workbook was corrupt. So I re-created the workbook and posted it again without aliasing "MIN(One)" and "MIN(One) (2)". If you took that next step and got the same error, then you've confirmed that it can be repeated.
I think I'll submit this to Tableau, though the fact that it appears to be an issue in version 7 and not version 8 makes me wonder if it probably won't be the highest priority.
In the meantime, I think just avoid aliasing the Measure Names.
Yes the problem appears to be happening from editing the aliases.
This is the workaround I've used for my workbook to open correctly:
After creating the viz (without editing the aliases yet), save the file
Edit only one alias, save the file again. Repeat this edit-and-save procedure for each alias edited.