2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2015 12:17 PM by Brian Smith

Website icon location.

Daniel Vincent

I wanted to change the icon used in the address bar (see image) to that of our corporate logo.  Where is the default location of this icon within Tableau Server?

Screen Shot 2013-02-27 at 3.34.22 PM.png

And I assumed that changing the favicon(s), locations below, to that of the logo would do it.  However, it did not have any effect on the icon in the address bar.

Screen Shot 2013-02-27 at 3.57.34 PM.png

• 1. Re: Website icon location.
          Paul Roberts

Hi Daniel, I have accomplished this, as shown below:

Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 10.36.22.png

Basically you have to change the 'favicon.ico' file that resides on your tableau server, this image then gets loaded whenever you load the webpage or add a bookmark.

Change the 'favicon.ico' file at: C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\8.2\wgserver\public

make sure your replacement icon is max of 16 px by 16 px, and MUST be saved in proper .ico format

use this online tool to convert jpegs to ico files (Convert your image to ICO format)

Once thats done, clear the history of your browser, and restart it, then when loading a Tableau server page it will load your new icon, and also use it as the icon when you add a bookmark in your web browser.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Website icon location.
            Brian Smith

do you know which one of those files was used to replace the tableau icon when inside a dashboard at top left?

I replaced them all and now the corp logo is showing up everywhere it should except inside a dashboard....