1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 13, 2014 10:14 PM by Nammi Navatheja

Error when running tabadmin prep_workers

karan.aurora

Hi,

We have a 3 node setup. 1 master and 2 worker nodes. The woker nodes show up when you view the server status under maintenance on webdashboard. However all services are marked as not running for the worker nodes.

I run tabadmin stop and then tabadmin prep_workers command but I get the following error.

*** External command failure: Command '"c:/Program Files (x86)/Tableau/Tableau Server/7.0/bin/zip.exe" -q -1 -r "C:/ProgramData/Tableau/Tableau Server/data/tabsvc/temp/worker35851/worker.zip" ". -i" apache bin bin64 common config configure.ico COPYRIGHTS.rtf cwrsync dataserver extras firebird install lib pgsql server.ico start.ico stop.ico templates test.txt vizqlserver wgapp wgserver' failed with code 18, result was zip warning: Permission denied

zip warning: Permission denied

If I run tabadmin start after the above step I encounter the following warning message

c:\Program Files (x86)\Tableau\Tableau Server\7.0\bin>tabadmin start

*** Tableau Server may be degraded. The software on Worker #1 needs updating.

*** Tableau Server may be degraded. The software on Worker #2 needs updating.

*** allocator undefined for NativeException

The webdashboard is up and running but the workers like I stated above show up with none of the servers up. The same username is being used on all three nodes and has admin privileges on all three of them.

Any ideas what I could try to resolve this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!