1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 13, 2013 11:36 PM by Jim Wahl

A way to count records, meeting certain criteria

Armando Ramirez

Hello

I have a set of data which has Region, Store, Product as Dimensions and "Sales at Region Level" and "Sales at Store Level" as Metrics.

If a put everything into a Grid visualization, would look like:

Image1.bmp

Then I would like to COUNT at the Region level, how many stores (based on Number of Records or so), are "Sales at STORE level" greater than 0 and how many are below 0 and create a couple of metrics or something which allow me to have a grid that looks like:

Image2.bmp

Any ideas on how to create the "Records >=0" and the "Records <0" metrics based at the "Sales at STORE level" ??

Regards

• 1. Re: A way to count records, meeting certain criteria
          Jim Wahl

Hi Armando,

The below table calculation will count stores with sales > 0. The FIRST()==0 part prevents overlapping text---the calc is the same for every row in the partition so we only need to display the first.

IF FIRST()==0 THEN

WINDOW_SUM(SUM(IF [Sales at STORE Level] >= 0 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END))

END

Assuming you want region and product in the view, you'll need to have Store on the level of detail shelf. On each table calculation pill, click and select Compute using > Store

Example at Store Level.png

You can use these same table calculations to sum at the region level (the sub-totals above):

Region Level.png

To be safe here, you want to have Store and Product on the detail shelf. And, on each table calc pill, select Edit Table Calculation > Compute Using > Advanced.  Move Region, Store and Product to the right box (in that order). Click OK and select At the level > Deepest and Restarting every > Region.

See attached.

Jim