Hey Carl, are you connecting to that table directly or using a SQL query?
(assuming the former, but just wanted to check)
Hello Ryan - I am connecting directly to the table via the connection to data process.
Carl, I just did a test with a workbook I had - I literally opened up the .TWB file in a text editor and replaced all instances of the old table name with the new one. Re-opened it in Tableau 7, and it worked just fine.
I didn't have to change my data source in Tableau, and it didn't ruin my worksheet data either.
It's not an "original" answer (see in your links posted above), but in your case it should totally work : )
(just make sure you make a backup of the original .TWB file in case something goes horribly wrong)
Thank you Ryan - that works like a charm!