1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 21, 2013 3:31 PM by Shawn Wallwork

I need to add text to a calculated field with dynamic values (not dynamic text)

Adam Michalewicz

I am looking to add text to a calculated fields with dynamic values.  I am creating a dashboard for various campaign performance and need to have a certain set of legalese at the bottom that contains dynamic dates and values based on the campaign terms (in the data set).  So the output I am hoping to get is something like the below:

"The campaign commences upon notice to all parties that Organization A may begin promoting assets through [End Date]; with the campaign launch set to begin no later than [Start Date].  The terms of this agreement provide a minimum value of [Minimum Revenue $] and a maximum value not to exceed [Maximum Revenue $]"

This is to be on a dashboard with a global filter of Campaigns so the [End Date], [Start Date], [Minimum Revenue $], and [Maximum Revenue $] all dynamic based on which campaign is selected on the filter.

It would definitely be easier to just have separate fields with separate text so the dynamic fields are not embedded in the paragraph but the legal team will not allow this to be done so, currently, I'm stuck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: I need to add text to a calculated field with dynamic values (not dynamic text)
          Shawn Wallwork

Hi Adam, let me answer the first part of your question:

"The campaign commences upon notice to all parties that Organization A may begin promoting assets through [End Date]; with the campaign launch set to begin no later than [Start Date].  The terms of this agreement provide a minimum value of [Minimum Revenue $] and a maximum value not to exceed [Maximum Revenue $]"

You can string this together using something like this:

"The campaign commences upon notice to all parties that Organization A may begin promoting assets through" +STR( [End Date]) + "; with the campaign launch set to begin no later than" + STR( [Start Date]) + ".  The terms of this agreement provide a minimum value of " +  STR([Minimum Revenue $]) + " and a maximum value not to exceed" + STR([Maximum Revenue $]) "."

This depends on where/how your are trying to use it in your viz. Hope this helps.

--Shawn

2 of 2 people found this helpful