One possibility might be if the data has changed at all as described in the first point of this KB article:
If you are still unable to resolve the issue, I would recommend sending in a support ticket to email@example.com. Be sure to include:
1. A screenshot of the error message including the "Show Details" information if available.
2. Exact steps to reproduce the error. These steps should help us determine where in the publishing process the error is occurring.
3. Date and Time the issue occurred
4. Log Files (See http://www.tableausoftware.com/support/knowledge-base/creating-tableau-server-log-files for instructions on bundling and sending the log files)
I had the same problem. I had a Date field instead of a DateTime. What fixed it for me was right-clicking on the Date field, Change Data Type -> Date & time. Then when I published, it worked like I expected.
Hope this helps
Thank you Dale!!! I've been racking my brain trying to figure out why my workbooks stopped updating. Turns out the minor change I made in the database (from datetime to date) is what kept my workbook extracts from updating.
Worked like a charm - thanks for the suggestion!
When i had this issue a few weeks back, it turned out to be a parameter casing the issue.
As with the original post i had other sheets which ran OK and i wasn't using SQL server (I was using Excel) and i knew the drivers were up to date. So it was clearly none of the suggested problems.
For some reason, when i published the workbook something changed one of the parameters to <Copy Of> <Parameter Name>
I rebuilt the parameter casing the issue from scratch, re published the workbook and everything works fine now.
Now, the only reason i found this out was i downloaded the workbook from the server into desktop. When i did that i could see the parameter had renamed itself.
Hope this helps.