2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2013 2:46 PM by Sam Waters

Connecting Data From Multiple Sheets

Sam Waters

I am trying to create a report that pulls information from sheets that I have created in Tableau. I have two sheets that pull from a large database of retail data...sales by store by distributor for a given time period...one that shows the number of stores with no deliveries for a given time period on a per distributor basis and another that shows stores with no scan sales for a given time period on a per distributor basis. The two sheets look like the following:

Sheet 1 (Zero Deliveries)

Distributor Name
      # of Stores with No Del
      Distributor 18
      Distributor 26
      Distributor 310
      Distributor 42

This information is pulled from shipment information and is a calculated quantity...so there are store numbers tied to the data (this information is NOT calculated externally).

Sheet 2 (Zero Scans)

Distributor Name
      # of Stores with No Scans
      Distributor 14
      Distributor 23
      Distributor 35
      Distributor 41

This information is pulled from retail scan information and is a calculated quantity...so there are store numbers tied to the data (this information is NOT calculated externally).

What I am trying to do is find those stores, by distributor, that have had neither deliveries nor scans. For example if Distributor 4 has store #1234 and #5678 with no deliveries and store #5678 with no scans, the answer would be 1. On the other hand, if Distributor 4 has store #1234 and #5678 with no deliveries and has store #9182 with no deliveries, the answer would be zero.

I apologize for being long winded on this, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to connect calculated data from multiple sheets. Maybe this is just a simple reference or something similar? Any help you can give would be great!

Thank you!