4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2012 7:38 PM by Jane Yang

How can I create a metafilter that controls a number of dimensions?

Jane Yang

Hi all,

I have some survey data that I am trying to analyze. One of the demographic questions is a multiple choice response, where a single individual can choose as many of the 10 options as they'd like. Thus, in the raw data, this one question results in 10 different columns populated by 1 if the individual selected that option, or 0 if they didn't. Ergo, there are 10 dimensions associated with this question.

I would like to be able to slice my data analysis by this demographic (e.g. filter by all those who selected Option 5, or by those who selected Option 3-6), which means I need to somehow combine the various dimensions. However, I do not want to have 10 separate quick filters (one per option). Is there a way that I can create a calculated field or parameter that allows me to dynamically filter? That is, I would like the user to be able to select what Options they'd like to filter the results by from a compact list similar to a normal filter, and for that input to somehow trigger the filtering of the individual dimensions.

Thanks in advance for your help!