5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2013 12:26 AM by Kevin Cocco

Cannot blend aggregated data error

Joseph Lalonde

I am trying to join two tables in Tableau 7.0, but regardless of what I do in 'Edit Relationships' the link does not seem to want to work.

The two tables earch have cma_num in common and ultimately I would like to filter the 'First 150 lines' table by a dimension in the tbl_cbp_province_guide table.

So in order to do that I need to link by cma_num. Clicking on Data -> Edit Relationships shows me that it automatically links by cma_num. However, closing that window, you don't see the linking chain on cma_num. Furthermore, trying to do something as if they are linked generates the following error:

Cannot blend aggregated data from the secondary data source with the data on this sheet because there are no linking fields used in the view.

link_table_fail.PNG

Running throught the steps in the online help documentation still does nothing. (Example Data -> Edit Relationships -> Custom ->Add etc) In other words, I follow those steps but clicking on OK when finished there still is no link.

Here is the link to the document. It's not much of a viz at this point, but you can at least take a look at the document and sample data.

http://public.tableausoftware.com/views/Link_table_fail/Sheet1?:embed=y