2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2012 8:02 AM by Jose Pedro Toma

Filter/URL Action from one field to multiple destinations?

Jose Pedro Toma

Let's say I have a list of 3 products with their sales.

ProductSales
      Coffee1,000
      Tea570
      Soda890

I have designed a different dashboard for each of these products. I would like to have the user be able to click on Coffee and take him to that dashboard, and so on for each of the 3.

In this way I had 1 "Index / TOC" dashboard and 3 destinations. It's important to note that the 3 destinations have different data, layout, etc.. so simple filtering to 1 destination dashboard is not a solution.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Filter/URL Action from one field to multiple destinations?
          Shawn Wallwork

Jose, this show you how to set up a TOC similar to what you're looking for.

--Shawn

• 2. Re: Filter/URL Action from one field to multiple destinations?
            Jose Pedro Toma

It looks similar, but it really doesn't solve my problem.

The first option is to have multiple FilterActions, one per destination dashboard. So in the example about I would have to make 3 filter actions, one for each coffee, tea and soda. The problem is I may have a list of 50 or so different dashboards. (they are actually not products but different types of KPIs). So adding one filter action per row doesn't scale well. Also, each menu on each row would show each of the 50 options. What I need is to have each row link to a different dashboard.

The second option that is mentioned used the Field Value for URL Actions, but these only take you to URLs. So I would need to have this published on server and do some tricky filename mapping in order to pass the fieldvalue on downwards. But server isn't the main view here either...

So I'm still stuck on having a way to go to 2 different dashboards from a TOC based on a field value.