Hi Kishore --
- The extract you created in Desktop is also published to the server along with the report.
- Yes, when a full extract occurs, the same thing happens as when you are on Desktop - it just happens on the server instead, and the extract is stored in Server.
- If you are using live connections to SQL Server, then you are not using an extract - therefore, you do not need to schedule a refresh on the extract since it doesn't exist.
Hope this helps!
I think my question is somewhat related to this thread and I need to understand this also.
1. We created a dashboard and imported all data into a .tde file
2. We published the dashboard into tableau server.
3. We noticed that the extract .tde is also published on the server.
My question is this - is it possible to refresh the extract on a scheduled basis? let say every 4AM?