0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2012 7:29 PM by Fakhzan Firdaus Bin Abdullah

Sybase ASE 15.7 and Tableau 7.0.8 via ODBC

Fakhzan Firdaus Bin Abdullah

Hi guys,

From some of the topics I saw in the forum I saw some degree of success with connecting Tableau with Sybase ASE via ODBC.

However in my case, I never got it working. Each time I tried to connect either via DSN or the driver, I always receive the same message:

"Unable to connect to the ODBC Data Source. Check that the necessary drivers are installed and that the connection properties are valid.

Unable to connect to the server. Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database."

and in the log files, I saw this error:

--- ODBC Error -------------------------------------------------------------

File:         db\ODBCProtocolImpl.cpp, Line: 3417

Error Code:   -1 (SQL_ERROR)

-------------

Error Record: 1

Description:  '[Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Enterprise]Login failed.

'

SQLState:     ZZZZZ

Native Error: 4002

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

which lead me to the Sybase site : http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc00729.1500/html/errMessageAdvRes/BCEJHJHE.htm

I have actually shoot this question to Tableau Support, and we've gone back and forth. I have tried all of the suggestions but no luck so far.

Has anyone manage to successfully connect to Sybase ASE with Tableau 7? Can you share with me your experience?