2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2012 12:30 PM by Matthew Davis

Index table calculation

Matthew Davis

I am currently using an Index() to limit the number of records being displayed.  This is the desired table calculation

Capture.PNG

On this particular page there is a dimension (GL Acct) on the filter shelf that is selecting two members and is causing a summation which is the desired viz,  However due to an action filter on the dashboard that is filtering on select fields (Vendor Parent and GL Acct) I had to include [GL ACCT] on the level of detail shelf.  This is changing the table calculation for the index to

Capture.PNG

Is it possible to alter the table calculation to reflect the first image while leaving [GL Acct] on the level of detail shelf?

or

Is it possible to filter based on [GL Acct] if it only exists on the filter shelf?

I am open to other suggestions as well

• 1. Re: Index table calculation
          Tracy Rodgers

Hi Matthew,

Would it be possible to post the workbook (twbx file)?

-Tracy

• 2. Re: Index table calculation
            Matthew Davis

Do to company policy I am unable. I have taken screen shots of the steps and what I am talking about hopefully this will help.

This is currently the configuration of my filter and level of details. I would like to point out the [GL Account] on the filter shelf

1.PNG  

I have selected two values from the [GL Account].

2.PNG

I edit the table calculation on Index() then select advance.

3.PNG

This the description generated.

4.PNG

With this configuration I get an error on an action saying the [GL Account] is missing from the worksheet.

5.PNG

In order to resolve this issue I had to add the GL account field to the Level of Details. This also changes to GL Account pill on the filters shelf.

6.PNG

Now when I edit the table calculation for the Index()

7.PNG

The description this time is computing for each [GL Account], which means if I filter the index to show the top ten vendors I will get the top ten vendor in each GL Account (20 total).

8.PNG

I hope this helps.

If not it may be possible for me to host a GoToMeeting to show you what I am dealing with, but I would need to get approval first. 

Thank you for your help.