2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2012 10:10 AM by Chris Tsui

Top N over time?

Chris Tsui

Hi All,

I have been working on trying to rank companies per year and was using context filters to do so. 

I have placed the company name on the rows shelf, Year on the Columns Shelf and the Sum of units as the Measure (Using dummy data)

I created a filter for company using the Top 2 based on the Sum of Units Measure

The result is the top company over all the years (regardless of individual year numbers) which is to be expected.

What I then wanted to do (or was hoping for) was to set the year dimension as context and then I the ranking would be done on a year per year basis.  However setting the Year filter as context didn't actually change any of my data

What I'm hoping for is a year by year ranking of the companies but am unable to figure out how to do so.

I imagine there must be a very simple thing I'm doing wrong but can't seem to figure it out.  I did a quick search on the forum but couldn't quite find anything that applied (I didn't search exhaustively though)

I'ave attached a sample TWBX that I used to try to mimic the actual data I have.

Any help you all have would be much appreciated