1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 15, 2012 6:38 AM by Jonathan Drummey

Column names showing at top of chart

Frances Holland

I have a bar chart with two columns - week, and order type.  I would like these both to show below the chart - so week is below order type, and each week has the two order types within it.

The chart is set up nicely at the moment, however I have order type at the bottom (correct) and week above the chart (incorrect).  I can't seem to drag and drop week below order type.

How can I change the placement of the column names, so that they both show below the chart?

• 1. Re: Column names showing at top of chart
          Jonathan Drummey

Though you can force all the column names to be at the top - by going to Analysis->Table Layout->Advanced..., then turning off "Show innermost level at bottom of view when there is a vertical axis" - I don't know of a way to do the opposite in a single view. I think your only option is to set up a 2nd worksheet that has both the column names together, then use that in a dashboard. I set this up in the attached, using Pie marks for the 2nd worksheet (because we can resize them to be infinitely small) and making the axis label white text on a white background (to preserve spacing).

Jonathan

2 of 2 people found this helpful