1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 15, 2012 6:29 AM by Alex Kerin

text drops

Chris Pitts

My data source is an excel workbook. One column is text  and a sample is  shown below. There are other cells in the workbook that contain more text than this sample. I am trying to display this in my worksheet and dashboard but it appears to cut off the last few lines of text. I tried to reduce the font in xls. then  resize the cells and that did not work. I then viewed the data source it's not there either. I doesn't matter if i connect live or import the data source or create a new datasource with only this column.  Is this a limitation in Tableau?

This project ARTUS 1.1 is in the execution phase.The server for this project is ready.We have received the application owner details for server handover.We are following up on the USER DOMAIN ID details for adding them as part of the local admin group for user access to the server.    Estimated cost : 7336 £   Actual cost    :   1414 £
        • 1. Re: text drops
          Alex Kerin

JET imposes a 256 character limit. I've often said that Tab should warn you when it sees a text entry exactly 256 chars long.

You would have to split the text column into two in your source to get all of the text.

1 of 1 people found this helpful