This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
For your first question, please try the following.
- Click Reshape Data in Tableau tab in Excel after installing the reshaper tool
- In the first tab in the dialog that pops up select E2 (which is where the data you want to reshape starts) then click OK
- This should create a new sheet in the workbook in the format you need. There should be two new columns with auto-generated names. You may rename them to something more meaningful.
For your second question
- You don't need to use reshaper tool at all. Just delete the first row in Excel and you're ready to read it into Tableau.
- You don't need to filter the data in Excel. Once data is in Tableau there are multiple ways to filter. You can use a filter or create a set for the Top 10 economies.
For the third question
- Since you have a field (country name) shared between the two data sets, simplest way to do this is using data blending feature of Tableau.
I hope this helps.