7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2016 8:46 PM by Adam Crahen

can I hide data so as not to export to excel?

Susan Anderson

I was trying to create a basic list report with say 3 textual fields as below.

Company Name     Company Contact      Address

ABC                         Joe                           1 The street

Bob                           2 The street

XYZ                          Jim                           3 The grove

Gary                         4 The grove     

My initial problem with this was when exporting to excel I really wanted the Company Name field to be repeated on each row so that when filtering in Excel the data makes sense.  However, I saw from the forum that this is not possible and so then introduced a row number field to give me the results I required. So I now have..

Row Num     Company Name     Company Contact     Address

1                    ABC                    Joe                         1 The Street

2                    ABC                    Bob                         2 The Street

3                    XYZ                     Jim                          3 The grove

4                    XYZ                     Gary                         4 The grove

Now my next thought was it would be handy to "hide" the Row Num column so that when exported to excel I just export the fields I am really interested in since Row Num is really just a dummy field.  Can this be done or does this have to be done in Excel?