2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2012 5:03 PM by Jarrad Taylor

Suppress row grand total for moving calculations

Jarrad Taylor

Hi All,

Please see attached workbook for an example of what I am trying to accomplish. I'm using Tableau desktop professional version 7.0.

I have used the sample coffee chain data source, my cross tab layout includes Month of date as columns, Year of date as rows, Sum(Sales) and Sum(Profit) as measure values.

I have also created two calculated fields, rolling 12 Sales and rolling 12 Profit by using the following calculations,

WINDOW_SUM(SUM([Sales]), -11, 0) and WINDOW_SUM(SUM([Profit]), -11, 0), both computed using Date at the level of Month of Date.

I have turned on row grand totals (Analysis --> Totals --> Show Row Grand Totals). The problem is that the grand total does not make sense for the rolling 12 calculated fields. I would like to be able to suppress the row grand totals for those fields but have it calculate as normal for sales and profit.

Even if I can't suppress the R12 row grand totals, does anyone know how the current totals have actually been calculated. They are certainly not the row grand sum!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Jarrad