2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2018 4:46 AM by Jim Dehner

Concat function

Alex Kerin

Showing how to pull multiple rows into a single value, similar to concat for excel.

Posting here as I cannot attach a file to the ideas forum.  http://community.tableau.com/ideas/1465

• 1. Re: Concat function
          Divya Bhati

Hi Alex,

I am not able to open your workbook.

can you please tell me the calculation to concatenate 2 column values into a single column & my both the column having integer values in columns.

Suppose in first column its 12 and in second column its 23 as value so i wanted 12 23 in third column.

• 2. Re: Concat function
            Jim Dehner

Hi I can't open your workbook either  but It tried to open it in tableau 7 - if you are still using 7 recommend that you upgrade to a current version - you are missing out on significant levels of functionality

if you are just trying to concatenate the process is tableau is           Str(value) + Str(next value) ...

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.