2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2012 2:14 PM by Xiaotong Zhang

Create a dynamic filter

Xiaotong Zhang

I need help to create a dynamic filter for a graph by date attribute with a list values of last 1 month, last 3 moths, last 6 months, last 1year, last 2 year, and ever. When a user select "last 1 month", the graph shows by each day in last 1 month; when a user select "last 3 months", the graph shows each week in last 3 months; when a user select "last 6 month" and above, the graph shows each months in last 6 months. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Create a dynamic filter
          Tracy Rodgers

Hi Xiaotong,

I have attached a sample workbook with instructions on getting the desired output.

Hope this helps!

-Tracy

• 2. Re: Create a dynamic filter
            Xiaotong Zhang

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for your answer. It works very well. I appreciate your help. I actually have another question I am working on and I wonder if you can help.

I try to create a dynamic ranking. For instance, I have an attribute called score with value from 1 to 1000. First I need to sort it in descending order from high to low, then based on the score I need to create 5 or 10 or 25 or 30 or 50 or 100 bins/groups with equal counts of the population in each bin/group and in the same time find out what is the score range for each bin. For example, if it is 10 bins, I need assign 10% population for each bin and the top bin's score range might be from 950 to 1000, and the bottom bin's score range might be from 1 to 200. I wonder if you can help on this and I will appreciate it.