1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 6, 2012 4:29 AM by Andy Piper

Linking to files, images, workbooks dynamically

Ralph Lindenfeld

Folks-

We have the need to show a deeper level of data, which may or may not be another worksheet (which will not contain joined data- so filtering won't work), or a static image of a PPT slide, by clicking on a given KPI (attached workbook, Dashboard1, colored block.

I figured out how to make all of the color blocks link to a separate worksheet (functionality as it currently stands), but not how to make this linking conditional, based on the field value.

thanks,

Ralph

• 1. Re: Linking to files, images, workbooks dynamically
          Andy Piper

Ralph,

I've downloaded your workbook, but am not quite sure what it is you are trying to accomplish. If you are you trying to pass a URL to the Web Page object on Dashboard 2 then take a look at the attached workbook in Dashboard 3. I've combined the KPI, Map and Web Page objects on one dashboard. When clicking on a value in the table, the web page object becomes populated with a Google search based on the L1 value.

If this is not what you are trying to accomplish, could you provide a more detailed description of what you want to do? What field(s) is/are to be passing conditional information? Will you be bringing in URLs via a field or will you be creating them inside the app?

Regards,

Andy