3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2012 7:40 AM by Shawn Wallwork

hide column

ramprasad potturi

Hello,

In my view, I have only dimensions and display data in tabular format.  An additional column is getting displayed with
      values ‘Abc’(Please see below image or attachment.). how can I hide this column. Thanks in advance.

HideColumn.png

Thanks,

Ram

• 1. Re: hide column
          Shawn Wallwork

Hi Ram, unfortunately you can't get rid of it completely, but you can minimize it. First go to the little triangle next to 'color' and set the transparency to 0% (I always wondered about this scale labeling; isn't something that's 100% transparent completely see-through? I think they probably should have labelled it 'Opacity', then the way the slider currently works would have made sense.) OK, enough Sunday morning fun. After you get rid of ABC, you'll want to color all the borders white so they disappear. (Don't use 'none' because none doesn't really mean none, it means light grey or blue.) So now your sheet should look something like this:

Ram-1.PNG

Don't worry about the 'Drop', it disappears when you put the sheet on a dashboard:

Ram-2.PNG

Hope this helps.

--Shawn

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: hide column
            ramprasad potturi

Hello
            Shawn,

Thank you very much for quick response. I am able to set the transparency to 0%, abc
            values disappeared. I tried setting the borders to white, but still they are
            visible. I clicked on menu item Format and Borders(please refer to screen shot below), and set
            Cell, pane and Header fields under rows and columns tab to white. Am I missing
            anything?

FormatBoarders.png

Thanks,

Ram

• 3. Re: hide column
              Shawn Wallwork

Ram, the easiest thing to do is go to the 'sheet' tab and set everything to white. Then experiment with adding back in the row borders it looks like you're wanting to keep. Also mess with level slider to get the lines the way you want. It's a lot of trial and error, and sometimes you have to live with little quirks like this:

Ram-3.PNG

Notice the little gap between the header and the blank column. You can make the column width narrower, but then it looks like a period and the end of the line. Good luck.

--Shawn