4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2016 11:23 AM by Amy Feltheimer

Tabcmd producing invalid files

Sean Mullane

Background: I started recently using tabcmd to download workbooks to a local drive using the 'get' command. Generally these were .twbx files. More recently, possibly when I upgraded from 7.0 to 7.0.6, tabcmd started producing files that were ~40KB and failed to open successfully.

The tabcmd commands help page seems to have changed recently, now saying that the URL must have a file extension. Before, leaving off the file extension allowed me to successfully export to a .twbx file. The problem is, now when I add a .twb or .twbx file extension tabcmd returns a 404 error. When I leave off the file extension it downloads the file like I mentioned above, but the file seems to be HTML and Tableau won't open it. Can anyone tell me why this is failing?

Other info:

The tabcmd help page has the following example, which is exactly what I'm trying to do:

tabcmd get "/workbooks/Sales_Analysis.twb" -f "C:\Tableau_Workbooks\Weekly-Reports.twb"

I tried upgrading from 7.0.6 to 7.0.7, but this hasn't helped. I also made sure I'm using the same version of tabcmd.exe as I am for server, as recommended.