3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2012 8:05 AM by Jonathan Drummey

Is there a way to put column labels for the inner most column at the bottom and not at the top?

Ian Malakoff

Is there a way to have the inner most column headers be at the bottom of the worksheet and not at the top? I have attached an example of exactly what I mean. If you look at the attachment, you will see that I hid the "Entity" column headers (which originally appear at the bottom of the bar chart), and I would like the "Measure Names" grey column headers (Aug % bps, YTD Aug 12 % bps, and CAGR) to go to the bottom of the bar chart like you see by default in Excel. However, you cannot seem to do this even with the option in Analysis --> Table Layout --> Advanced... --> Show innermost level at bottom of view when there is a vertical axis. I also tried the suggestion from http://kb.tableausoftware.com/articles/knowledgebase/moving-headers and reversed it, but the top headers appear twice for each bar at the bottom when I create a new calculated field. Can anybody suggest a workaround to make the top headers be at the bottom without appearing twice for each bar? Thank you.